YOGA FOR HANDSTAND : Strenghten your arms, work your core, challenge your balance, do a handstand.
From top left, line by line :
- plank pose – chaturanga – upward facing dog – side plank
- forearm plank – side forearm plank – bridge pose variation – upward plank pose
- crow pose prep ( one leg up, hold for a few breaths) – modified side plank – half moon pose – extended cat pose
Preparing for inversions, getting used to be upside down :
- downward facing dog – dolphin pose ( preparing for forearm stand) – headstand prep ( lift one leg, hold, and eventually lift both legs to get into a headstand) – standing straddle pose ( preparing for tripod headstand)
- handstand prep – your success at doing a handstand
> Practice inversions against a wall, be careful !
Once you are comfortable in a headstand ( against a wall or not), move to forearm stand, and then practice handstand against the wall.