I’m stuck at home so recipe time again! They may sound strange but they’re yummy – they apparently taste like popcorn chicken.
- flour (any kind, I needed 1/2 cup for half a head of cauliflower)
- water (equivalent amount to flour)
- teeny bit of minced garlic
- spices, 1/4 teaspoon each: salt, pepper, paprika, curry powder
- cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- oil to fry with
1. Combine first 4 ingredients and whisk out any lumps to make a batter.
2. Steam the cauliflower (a lazy two minutes in the microwave) and dip into the batter.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan, then fry cauliflower pieces, turning until all sides are browned and a little crispy.
I’m sure you could also bake these with a slightly thicker batter, but as is they’re pretty fantastic.