- 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 tbsp water)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 tbsp agave nectar, maple syrup or honey if not vegan
- 3 tbsp unsweetened vanilla or plain almond milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup almond meal (ground from raw almonds)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp oat flour (ground from GF oats)
- Optional toppings: chopped nuts, rolled oats, crumb topping
- preheat oven to 350 degrees f and line a muffin tin with 8 paper liners.
- in a large bowl, prepare flax egg by mixing flaxseed + water and letting rest for a few minutes.
- next add bananas and mash. add agave, baking powder, vanilla, almond milk and stir.
- add almond meal and oat flour and stir once more. taste to see if it needs more sweetener. i added a touch more because I prefer sweeter muffins.
- bake for 25-30 minutes or until a tooth pick or knife inserted into the center comes out clean and they become somewhat firm to the touch with a little give.
- remove and let rest in pan for 5 minutes. then cool all the way on a cooling rack.
- store in an airtight container or covered with plastic wrap for several days. freeze for longer storage.
serving size: 1 muffin
protein: 4.5 g